The county has announced the full lineup and schedule for the 16th annual Silver Spring Jazz Festival.
The additional performers and the times they will be on stage include:
- 3:30 p.m. Collaboration
- 4:15 p.m. Eric Byrd Trio
- 5:00 p.m. Paul Carr and the Real Jazz Ambassadors
- 6:00 p.m. Lena Seikaly
- 7:00 p.m. Marcus Johnson
- 8:30 p.m. Arturo Sandoval
The event was moved this year from its usual September date in order to create an end-of-summer celebration prior to the school year starting, according to organizers.
Sandoval, a native of Artemisa, Cuba (near Havana), is a protégé of jazz legend Dizzy Gillespie, who is credited with bringing Latin influences to jazz.
Sandoval has won 10 Grammys and six Billboard awards. He also won an Emmy for his compositions accompanying an HBO movie based on his life, “For Love or Country,” which starred Andy Garcia. He has recorded with a number of other artists, including Woody Herman, Josh Groban, Tony Bennett, Bill Conti, Stan Getz, Frank Sinatra, Paul Anka, Rod Stewart, Justin Timberlake and Alicia Keys.
Information about Metro, Metrobus and public parking for the festival is available here.
Photo from Montgomery County website.
- Takoma Park Seeks Citizen Preferences for Library Exterior Design - July 2, 2020
- Next Day Blinds Ceases Operations, Closes Stores - July 1, 2020
- Washington Revels Headquarters Listed For Sale, May Force a Move - June 30, 2020