October 2019 marks three years that the Source of the Spring has been providing the Silver Spring-Takoma Park area with local news and information. In many cases, it’s news you can use and that you won’t find anywhere else.
Most recently, we’ve reported on an embezzlement case at the Montgomery Parks Foundation, a large water main break that affected commuter traffic for several days, the federal go-ahead for the state to redesign a critical Georgia Avenue corridor, the planned renovation of Downtown Silver Spring, and much more.
We also provide a popular free service with our Community Events calendar where organizations and others can keep you informed about what’s happening in the area. Our weekly email newsletters (again, available at no charge) are another source of community news and events.
We want to continue providing local news and these services, and to help to build a connected community. That’s where our readers come in. We need your help to keep the Source alive.
If you like what we’re doing, and you want to see us continue to grow and thrive, please consider becoming a member of our community by making a meaningful contribution to our work today.
2016 Club – $20.16/Month – $241.92 Annual
Receive a Source of the Spring sticker, pin (at 3 months), choice of one t-shirt (at 6 months), and invites to quarterly Happy Hour events.
Mayor’s Lane Club – $15/Month – $180 Annual
Receive a Source of the Spring sticker, pin (at 3 months), and invites to quarterly Happy Hour events.
Acorn Park Club – $10/Month – $120 Annual
Receive a Source of the Spring sticker and pin (at 3 months).
Gazebo Club – $5/Month – $60 Annual
Receive a Source of the Spring sticker.
Make a one-time contribution:
Monthly and Annual memberships will be billed until cancelled.
Contributions to Source of the Spring are not tax deductible.
Thanks for your support!
Other Ways to Support Us:
- Help Support Us Financially – Buy one of our shirts or advertise.
- Word Of Mouth – Tell your colleagues, coworkers, family and friends about us!
- Sign up for our Weekly Newsletters.
- Share our Stories on Social Media – There is a social bar at the top of every story that makes sharing easy. (We’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.) Share our stories to your neighborhood listservs.
- Submit Pictures, Events, and Content You Want Us To Cover – Send News Tips and Photos here, and Community Events here. You can also tag us with your photos on Social Media (Facebook/Instagram @sourceofthespring, Twitter @SourceTheSpring).
- Support our Advertisers!