While business stories remain among some of the best-read Source stories in 2022, unlike previous years, they didn’t completely dominate the top 10 list. This year’s list shows more variety in the types of stories readers found most interesting:
- SunTrust Bank Permanently Closed The SunTrust bank branch at 8700 Georgia Ave.in downtown Silver Spring has permanently closed, as the bank consolidates operations as Truist after the company was purchased by BB&T Bank in 2019.
- New Maryland Traffic Laws Now in Effect Several new traffic laws went into effect today (Oct. 1), according to announcements from several agencies, including a community advisory from the Takoma Park Police Department.
- Peet’s Coffee to Permanently Close Peet’s Coffee at The Blairs Shops shopping center at 1316 East-West Highway in downtown Silver Spring will close on October 31, according to a report from The MoCo Show.
- Silver Spring Restaurant Scene Continues to Get National Attention The quality and diversity of the restaurant scene in Silver Spring continues to earn attention and accolades from national food media.
- “Monster” Recreation & Aquatic Center to Open in 2023 The summer heat wave that gripped the area last week had some county residents looking for a place to cool down.
- Concern for Missing Blair High School Student Detectives from the county’s Special Victims Investigation Division (SVID) are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a missing Montgomery Blair High School student.
- Big Greek Café Gyro Named one of Country’s 10 Best A gyro from Silver Spring’s The Big Greek Café has been named one of the country’s 10 best by Mashed, a New York City-based site devoted to news about food from grocery shopping to restaurants and popular chefs.
- Police Warn of Bank Texting Scam Takoma Park Police are warning residents of a phishing scam involving fake bank text messages.
- Breakfast Club to Open in Fenton Silver Spring Local restaurateur Jason Miskiri will open The Breakfast Club this spring at the Fenton Silver Spring apartments, located at 8240 Fenton St. in downtown Silver Spring.
- Miss Toya’s Creole House Now Open in Downtown Silver Spring Miss Toya’s Creole House is now open in Downtown Silver Spring, according to a post on the restaurant’s Instagram account.
If you missed any of these, now’s your chance to catch up.
Photo by David Lay
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.