The Takoma/Langley Crossroads Development Authority is hosting a Shop Small Saturday event this month, encouraging local shoppers to patronize businesses in the Takoma/Langley Crossroads shopping district in Takoma Park.
“Now is the time to shop small, local, and purple along the future Purple Line,” said TLCDA Executive Director Kayleigh Gunnoud in a press release sent to the Source. “Join us in the Crossroads in Small Business Saturday. Enjoy a day of special deals and promotions not to be missed. Grab a bite to eat, get started on some early holiday shopping, and join the community as we show our support for local small businesses that have been through so much this year.”
Businesses offering special deals and discounts include:
- Silver Spring Jewelry – 50% off on all gold and diamond jewelry
- McDoris Fashion & Fabric – 10% off on all items & Price Slash on Crepe Black Satin Fabric if you buy 4 yards or more.
- Brazilian Bakery – Free coffee with every purchase
- Priti’s Fashion and Jewelry – 50% off Costume Jewelry and Fabrics
- JK Mart – 10% off the entire store (Exceptions Apply)
- Patrick International Shoe Repair – A gift with a purchase of $50 or more
The event starts at 9 a.m. on Saturday, November 28, which is Small Business Saturday. According to Wikipedia, Small Business Saturday was first observed in the United States on November 27, 2010. Small Business Saturday was created as a counterpart to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which feature big box retail and e-commerce stores respectively. By contrast, Small Business Saturday encourages holiday shoppers to patronize brick-and-mortar businesses that are small and local.
More information on the Shop Small Saturday event can be found at the TLCDA Shop Small Saturday event listing on Facebook.
Graphic courtesy Takoma/Langley Crossroads Development Authority