The Takoma Park City Council is now seeking applicants for the 2021-2022 Youth Council.
According to the announcement on the city’s website, the Takoma Park Youth Council was established by the City Council:
- To provide an opportunity for the youth of Takoma Park to acquire a greater knowledge of and appreciation for local government through active participation in the system.
- To help the City Council to address problems and accomplish the goals of this community by working directly with the representatives of youth.
- To serve the youth of Takoma Park by:
- informing the Takoma Park municipal government of the needs and wishes of youth;
- planning and implementing social, educational, cultural and recreational activities for the youth;
- working with the Mayor, City Council, City department heads, schools, civic clubs and service organizations to provide service and leadership opportunities for the youth of the City; and,
- helping to instill a feeling of positive self-worth and esteem, teaching respect for the rights of others, and promoting community pride.
Application forms are available online and must be received by Friday, July 11. Additional questions or requests for additional information can be directed to City Clerk Jessie Carpenter at [email protected] or 240-723-0437.
Photo courtesy The City of Takoma Park