Here are the top 10 most viewed stories from the Source in 2021. As in previous years, business-related articles dominate the list.
- Police Warn of Amazon Scam Takoma Park police issued a warning about a person making phone calls pretending to be an Amazon employee.
- Safeway to Reduce Operating Hours In March, the grocery chain announced that it would shorten the number of hours area stores were open.
- Popeyes Nearing Anticipated Opening Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen planned to open an outlet on Georgia Avenue.
- Another Catalytic Converter Stolen This past year saw a rash of thefts, many from Prius cars, as thieves went for the precious metals used in the converters.
- Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites Permanently Closed The property where the dual-branded hotel was located on Georgia Avenue was sold to United Therapeutics.
- MCASAC Joins Nationwide “Clear the Shelters” Adoption Event The county’s animal shelter was part of a month-long national campaign to get animals adopted.
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is Now Open The fried chicken chain opened in October on Georgia Avenue above the Quarry House Tavern.
- Takoma Park’s Azah Awasum Places Third in ‘Big Brother’ Finale The finale of the CBS reality show’s 23rdseason took place in October.
- MTA Releases New Photos of Purple Line Rail Cars Despite the major contractor pulling out of the transit project, other aspects continued to show progress toward an eventual opening.
- Popeyes Hiring Ahead of Anticipated Opening Three Popeyes stories in the top ten showed the amount of interest residents had in the chain’s opening (and generated quite a few comments).
Altogether, the top 25 Source stories generated more than 1.7 million page views during 2021.