AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center will reopen for in-person screening on Friday, May 28, the organization has announced.
All patrons will be required to buy advance tickets online. All seats will be reserved; the ticketing system will automatically block off two seats on either side of those purchased to ensure social distancing while watching the film.
Customers also will be required to wear masks at all times while in the theater.
At this time, no concessions will be available and outside food and drink is not permitted.
Other health and safety precautions that will be in place include (quoting the AFI website):
- Managers will monitor theaters to ensure that seat assignments are honored
- Staff and patrons are encouraged to maintain a comfortable social distance whenever physically possible
- Patrons are asked to leave the building following their completed screening
- MERV-13 filters have been installed throughout the HVAC system
- Outside air intake increased, with full building air exchange every 15 minutes, and
- Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the building.
The three films that will open on Friday are Disney’s “Cruella,” an origin story about Cruella de Ville, “A Quiet Place Part II,” a sequel, and “Riders of Justice,” described as a “blackly comedic thriller.”
Tickets are on sale now.
Photo by David Lay