Photo from first MoCoComCon by Mike Diegel
Montgomery County’s second comic convention, MoCoComCon, will be held from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, January 27 in the Silver Spring Library, 900 Wayne Ave.
The free event includes a cosplay contest for ages 0-12, 13-17 and 18 and over; contest preregistration will begin at 11 a.m. and be limited to 20 participants in each age group. Judging will begin at 3:30 p.m.
The convention will include a variety of presenters, workshops, programs, displays and exhibitors.
The schedule of events includes:
- Superhero story time, 10:30 a.m. (prior to the event start);
- Light wands with FutureMakers for all ages;
- Introduction to Illustration with Jason Bunyan (for teens);
- Presentations from Marc Tyler Nobleman, Matthew Winner, and a local authors panel;
- Harry Potter-themed escape room; and
- DIY dragon eggs inspired by Game of Thrones.
Other library branches will hold a variety of events leading up to the convention. No costume or replica weapons will be allowed at MoCoComCon.
Follow Source of the Spring on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up for our free Weekly Newsletter here. Submit events to our Community Events Calendar here. Please send tips and questions through our News Tips form, or email [email protected]
Learn how to support Source of the Spring here.
See something around town? Tag your photos on Twitter & Instagram with #SourceShots.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- Keep these things in mind as snowstorm winds down - March 21, 2018
- Upcoming Events, March 21-29 - March 21, 2018
- Residence Inn start delayed, gas station reopened temporarily - March 20, 2018