The Montgomery County police have announced the arrests of three suspects in a Jan. 5 shooting on Ellsworth Drive, according to a department press release.
The three are:
- Elias Salmeron, 16, of Washington, D.C
- Bryan Santos, 20, of Washington, D.C., and
- Brayan Josue Villatoro, 15, of Washington, D.C.
The two juveniles involved were charged as adults.
Santos was arrested Jan. 31 and Villatoro was arrested Feb. 3. Both are being held without bond. Salmeron was arrested yesterday in the District and awaits extradition to Montgomery County, the release said.
The department earlier released surveillance video of the incident, which involved two groups that police believe were known to each other.
“During the investigation, detectives obtained several videos from area surveillance cameras,” the release said. “The video captured the suspects’ vehicle tags which led detectives to the identification of Villatoro as one of the suspects. The two additional suspects were identified with the assistance of Metropolitan Police Department detectives.”
Santos also was captured on video shooting multiple times toward the victim and bystanders. A 15-year-old male was wounded in the incident.
The three are facing multiple charges, including three counts of attempted first-degree murder, reckless endangerment, and firearm-related offenses.
The department does not release photos of juvenile suspects.
Graphic from Wikimedia published under license from Creative Commons 2.0. Photo of Bryan Santos from Montgomery County police.
- Not Your Average Joe’s Has Permanently Closed in Ellsworth Place - July 9, 2020
- New Bill Would Provide Tax Incentive for Housing on WMATA Property - July 9, 2020
- Kefa to Leave Library Location, Bump ’n Grind to Take Over - July 8, 2020