- This event has passed.
Art for Healing: Coping with Coronavirus
July 16 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
JOIN US to connect, create and de-stress during COVID-19.
Led by licensed art therapist Laura Goss, this 8-week online therapeutic art group is designed to address the sustained and ongoing trauma of the global COVID-19 crisis. which may include:
* Developing coping skills and practicing mindfulness and body regulation as a response to fear and anxiety
* Finding purpose amid feelings of hopelessness
* Engaging in mourning for collective and personal loss
* Creating opportunities for meaningful connection in the midst of isolation and loneliness,
* And sitting with the uncertainty of the progression and impact of the pandemic.
The group is designed to use materials commonly found around the house, along with basic art supplies which can be ordered online or picked up from your local arts and crafts supply store.
No prior art experience required. It’s more about the journey than the finished artwork!
Because events are submitted by members of the community, Source of the Spring does not verify the accuracy of event submissions. Please contact the Event Organizer(s) for more information. Learn how to submit your event to our Community Events Calendar here.