Plant-A-Tree orders are now being accepted for the spring planting season, Takoma Park officials announced.
“The City of Takoma Park offers discounted tree plantings for private property, and orders are now being accepted for the spring planting season,” the city said in the announcement.
Residents can select from the following six tree species:
- Bald Cypress
- American Linden
- River Birch
- Swamp White Oak
The city will cover half of the first tree’s cost, making the price $130. Residents will get the city’s reduced wholesale pricing for additional trees, making the price $260 per tree.
The announcement also advises residents of the following requirements:
- The property must be located within the Takoma Park City limits.
- Trees being planted to fulfill a replant requirement for a Tree Removal Permit are not eligible for the half-cost price but qualify for the wholesale price.
- You must provide a sketch or map of your property with the tree planting location noted when you submit your application.
- A check for payment must be provided when you submit your application.
- The planting location must be ready to receive the tree by March 15th for Spring plantings.
Applications for the spring planting season are due by February 21, 2022, and are available on the city’s website.
Photo: © Ulkar/Adobe Stock