The Takoma Park Maryland Library, in partnership with Montgomery County Government, will be distributing free, rapid at-home COVID-19 test kits Wednesday, city officials announced.
The test kits will be distributed from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., or until test kits run out, on Wednesday, January 19 at the Takoma Park Library, located at 101 Philadelphia Ave. in Takoma Park. The tests will be distributed via walk-up only; drive-up is not available. Very limited parking will be available.
Each kit (box) has two tests. Each person will receive two kits. Residents can get two kits per person per day.
The city advises residents of the following:
- The distribution line will form on Maple Avenue and flow into the Community Center building through the TKPK MD Library entrance door;
- All residents will exit the building through the Community Center parking lot;
- Please follow all posted signage;
- Takoma Park Police Department and Crossing Guards will be on hand to help direct the flow of distribution;
- No documentation, I.D., or insurance card is required;
- Once 2,000 kits have been distributed, the city will have to wait for the next distribution date, which is TBD; and
- A reminder that all children in MCPS are receiving rapid at-home test kits regularly.
Photo: © jarun011/Adobe Stock
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.