Shepherd’s Table has appointed Manuel Hidalgo, an experienced executive in programs supporting socially and economically disadvantaged communities, as its new executive director, the organization announced. The core mission to combat hunger will remain, but Hidalgo also wants to look at options to ameliorate poverty.
The grand opening of District Taco in the Blair Park Shopping Center on East-West Highway will be held at noon Monday, July 1. A portion of the day’s profits will go to Level the Playing Field, a Silver Spring-based nonprofit that provides sports equipment to underprivileged youth in the area. The first 100 customers in line will receive a goodie bag and a free meal.Read More
This week’s events feature several community meetings on school construction, the Purple Line and other topics, an online discussion with the county executive, film screenings, live music in several local venues and a Silver Spring-Takoma Thunderbolts baseball game, among others.Read More
The Silver Spring Civic Building was buzzing with activity this past Sunday. On the second level, the faces of the Silver Spring Time Bank volunteers greeted visitors. What wasn’t picked up in the exchange was donated to CREATE Arts Center.
Most Popular Posts
Around The County
- Montgomery Co. approves creation of school violence prevention teams
- Detectives Ask the Public for Assistance in Locating Missing Rockville Woman
- Detectives Investigate Serious Pedestrian-Involved Collision in Rockville
- Hogan Gives State Employees Day Off On July 5
- Police Arrest Oxon Hill Man for Shoplifting After Friday Police Chase