Fire department response to Parkside Terrace Apartments. All photos courtesy David Asche Photography, LLC.
A two-alarm fire at the Parkside Terrace Apartments last night displaced about two dozen people and damaged 12 units, according to fire department officials.
Several people were rescued from the complex at 537 Thayer Ave., and one person was transported for treatment of smoke inhalation.
The fire started in a second floor bedroom when a laptop overheated and caught a bed on fire. Damage is estimated to be more than $550,000.
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.