A fire that broke out early Saturday morning in the 100 block of Melbourne Ave. likely started in the attic, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer.
At approximately 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning, MCFRS responded to a fire on the second floor of a single-family residence in the 100 block of Melbourne Ave. in East Silver Spring. While the fire was being put out, two residents and their dog managed to escape uninjured.
The fire’s damage totaled approximately $25,000, Piringer said.
Photo: Pete Piringer / Twitter
Update – 100blk Melbourne Av, East Silver Spring;Origin/Cause, Electrical fire in attic; Two (2) adults displaced; Damage, total $25K, incl $10K, structure, &15K contents; no injury https://t.co/L4E0y20toI pic.twitter.com/fKislCGcMg
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) January 7, 2023
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.