Park photo by Mike Diegel
The Pinecrest Local Park, adjacent to Pinecrest Elementary School at 301 St. Lawrence Dr., will close this month for extensive renovations, according to the Parks Department.
The 5.6-acre park, acquired in 1944 and developed into a park in the 1950s, includes a playground, tennis courts, softball field, multiuse field, parking lot and an activity building. A temporary chain link fence and orange blaze fencing will close off all park facilities during construction.
- Reconfiguring and re-grading the fields and surrounding area
- Constructing an internal loop trail
- Improving the field drainage conditions
- Correcting existing erosion problems and install stormwater management systems
- Improving access throughout the park and existing pavement stubs, and
- Retrofitting access to existing facilities to comply with the ADA.
The circulation trail will be accessible and will meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Architectural Barriers Act Accessibility Guidelines for Outdoor Developed Areas. It will connect to existing pavement stubs at Branch Drive, Cherry Tree Lane, the parking lot, and a sidewalk from the school.
The project is scheduled for completion in September of next year.