Here are the top 10 most viewed stories from the Source in 2021. As in previous years, business-related articles dominate the list.
- Police Warn of Amazon Scam Takoma Park police issued a warning about a person making phone calls pretending to be an Amazon employee.
- Safeway to Reduce Operating Hours In March, the grocery chain announced that it would shorten the number of hours area stores were open.
- Popeyes Nearing Anticipated Opening Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen planned to open an outlet on Georgia Avenue.
- Another Catalytic Converter Stolen This past year saw a rash of thefts, many from Prius cars, as thieves went for the precious metals used in the converters.
- Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites Permanently Closed The property where the dual-branded hotel was located on Georgia Avenue was sold to United Therapeutics.
- MCASAC Joins Nationwide “Clear the Shelters” Adoption Event The county’s animal shelter was part of a month-long national campaign to get animals adopted.
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is Now Open The fried chicken chain opened in October on Georgia Avenue above the Quarry House Tavern.
- Takoma Park’s Azah Awasum Places Third in ‘Big Brother’ Finale The finale of the CBS reality show’s 23rdseason took place in October.
- MTA Releases New Photos of Purple Line Rail Cars Despite the major contractor pulling out of the transit project, other aspects continued to show progress toward an eventual opening.
- Popeyes Hiring Ahead of Anticipated Opening Three Popeyes stories in the top ten showed the amount of interest residents had in the chain’s opening (and generated quite a few comments).
Altogether, the top 25 Source stories generated more than 1.7 million page views during 2021.
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.