Roasted Parsnip Agnolotti photo by Mike Diegel
All Set Restaurant & Bar will welcome a friend of Edward Reavis, co-owner and chef, next week for a pop-up dinner series and benefit.
Randall Matthews, a District Heights native, will take over the kitchen from Feb. 26-March 4 and feature a menu different from All Set’s New England/seafood focus. All Set will donate $1 from each meal served that week to GOODProjects.
Matthews got his start as chef de partie at The Greenbrier Hotel & Resort in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va. He later worked at Bourbon Steak, a Michael Mina steakhouse at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, D.C., beginning as a line cook and working his way up to serve as corporate executive sous chef for The Mina Group, LLC in San Francisco.
In addition to serving customers something different during the pop-up week, co-owner Jennifer Meltzer said it offers a chance for Matthews and Reavis to work together as All Set considers whether to open a second outlet, with a different concept, at some point in the future.
Currently, Matthews operates his own hospitality and consulting group, Ten24, LLC, which hosts both small-scale and large-scale events for private clients.
Some of the dishes that will be featured next week include (see full menu below):
- Roasted Parsnip Agnolotti with crispy bacon jam, black truffle butter and chives
- Charred Cauliflower Tartinewith caramelized onion crème fraîche, harissa spice and house-made focaccia
- Moroccan Spiced Lamb Shank with golden coco beans, “burnt” cipollini onions and mint
- Octopus a la Plancha with papas bravas, garlic fat, sea bean and chorizo vinaigrette, and
- Buttermilk semifreddo with Meyer lemon curd, tangelo granita and candied orange.
Located at 8630 Fenton St., All Set serves lunch Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., dinner Monday-Saturday, 3-10 p.m., and Sunday, 4-9 p.m., and brunch every Sunday, 11 a.m.-2:45 p.m.