Takoma Trukgarten, Takoma Park’s annual craft beer, wine and food festival, will be held this Saturday, June 1, from noon to 5 p.m., according to an announcement from the Old Takoma Business Association/Main Street Takoma.
About a dozen breweries will be represented, pouring more than 30 craft beers and cider. The Takoma Park/Silver Spring Co-op will host a wine tent.
The breweries include:
- Silver Branch Brewing Co.
- Denizens Brewing Company
- Waredaca Brewing Company
- 7 Locks Brewing
- Manor Hill Brewing
- True Respite Brewing Co.
- Astro Lab Brewing
- Brookville Farm Brewing
- Streetcar 82 Brewing Co.
- Peabody Heights Brewing Co., and
- Crooked Crab Brewing Co.
In addition, The Girl and The Vine will be pouring beers from 3 Stars Brewing Co., and Anxo Cider will be available.
Takoma Beverage Co., Cielo Rojo, Just AJ’s Veenies, Hardy’s BBQ and The Pretzel Bakery will offer food. There will be music from Moose Jaw Bluegrass, Dan Wolff, Park Snakes, Miss Moon Rising, and Anthony “Swamp Dog” Clark.
Early-bird tickets are available now until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 30. Prices are:
- Beer Fan: $25 for entry, 6 tasting tickets and a souvenir glass
- Beer Lover: $35 for entry, 12 tasting tickets and a souvenir glass
- Designated Driver: $10 entry (does not include beer or glass)
Tasting tickets are good for four-ounce pours of beer, cider or wine.
On the day of the event, Beer Fan and Beer Lover prices will go up by $10. Additional tasting tickets also will be on sale at $10 for six tastings.
The event will be located in the TPSS Co-op parking lot at 201 Ethan Allen Ave. Children and dogs are welcome, and the event will be held rain or shine.
Photo courtesy Main Street Takoma.
- County Council Introduces Appropriation for Childcare Assistance - September 23, 2020
- El Sapo Reopens Today for Indoor Dining - September 22, 2020
- Picnickers at Nine County Parks to be Allowed Alcoholic Drinks - September 21, 2020