Photo from theodysseyonline.com.
The Takoma Park Police Department kicked off its “Pack the Patrol Car” school supplies drive today.
Donors to the program are asked to purchase a backpack and fill it with any or all of the following items:
- A three-ring binder, package of filler paper, pack of five-tab insert dividers, two spiral notebooks, two pocket folders;
- One pencil pouch, one 12-pack of No. 2 pencils (mechanical or regular), one 12-pack Crayola basic colored pencils, one 24-pack Crayola basic color crayons, one 12-pack Crayola basic colored markers;
- One pack of erasers, one 3-pack of glue sticks, one ruler, one pair of small- or medium-sized scissors, one pack of highlighters, one pencil sharpener, one pack of blue or black pens, and one calculator.
Items are being collected from today through August 30 and may be dropped off from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday at the department, located at 7500 Maple Ave.
Police officers will distribute the items to Takoma Park schools for students in need.
For more information or to ask questions, contact Cathy Plevy at 301.891.7142 or by email
Follow Source of the Spring on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up for our free Weekly Newsletter here. Submit events to our Community Events Calendar here. Please send tips and questions through our News Tips form, or email [email protected]
Learn how to support Source of the Spring here.
See something around town? Tag your photos on Twitter & Instagram with #SourceShots.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- Keep these things in mind as snowstorm winds down - March 21, 2018
- Upcoming Events, March 21-29 - March 21, 2018
- Residence Inn start delayed, gas station reopened temporarily - March 20, 2018