The City of Takoma Park has announced a facilities reopening schedule, according to a news alert.
“I am so pleased to be able to share that, because the COVID-19 pandemic is coming under control in our region, the City of Takoma Park can begin reopening our facilities to the public,” City Manager Suzanne Ludlow said in a statement.
Reopening dates include:
- On June 14 in-person City services by appointment only will begin.
- On June 14 the Public Works Lobby will be open to the public.
- On July 6 the Takoma Park Maryland Library will reopen for in-person services.
- On August 23 all City facilities will fully reopen to the general public.
Mask requirements include:
- In City facilities, masks will be required for visitors and staff in lobby areas and in areas with children’s programs or services.
- Masks are optional for City staff outdoors and in non-public areas of City facilities.
- City staff will be prepared to wear masks when entering homes and other constrained private spaces on City business and when requested to do so by a person with whom they are interacting.
Mask requirements will continue through August 22, 2021.
More information can be found on the City of Takoma Park’s COVID-19 portal.
Photo courtesy of The City of Takoma Park
More good news!! #TKPK begins to open and @suzannel7200 provides some timelines and guidance!
— TakomaParkMD (@TakomaParkMD) June 3, 2021
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.