Signs recently went up in the store. Photo by David Lay.
We received the following from Whole Foods public relations department in response to an earlier request for information or an interview, and are passing it along to our readers.
Below are the new features we are excited to unveil at our Silver Spring store this summer:
- Paper Horse, quick-serve Chinese street food venue. This new venue represents an expansion of Whole Foods Market’s exclusive partnership with noted chef Erik Bruner-Yang. Foggy Bottom and H Street Whole Foods Market locations also feature Paper Horse venues.
- Expanded juice and coffee bar that serves Allegro coffee exclusively. Featuring nitro brew and draft lattes from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. when the store is open.
- Self-serve acai smoothie bowl bar with numerous toppings make this healthy breakfast favorite burst with flavor.
- New Genji sushi section, self-serve cake display and larger prepared foods section as well as new and expanded seating.
“We’re excited to unveil the newly renovated features in our Silver Spring store to the community this summer,” said Momar Gueye, the store’s Team Leader. “We appreciate our customers’ patience while we have been working to make this store—and their experience— even better. Between the delicious Chinese street food served at Paper Horse, the expanded coffee and seating areas, Genji sushi, acai smoothie bowls and upgraded displays, it will be hard to pick a favorite new feature.”
Our original story:
The results of the extensive renovations of the Whole Foods Market in Silver Spring will be unveiled Wednesday, June 28.
New features in the store include an expanded coffee and juice bar featuring nitro brew and draft latte, a ramen bar by Paper Horse, a sushi bar by Genji Sushi, and a new bakery, according to an email circulated by the company.
In addition, the company plans a day full of demonstrations, free samples and coupon distributions.
Whole Foods is located at 833 Wayne Ave.
Here are some photos taken during the construction. All photos by Mike Mowery.
- Fans Now Able to Attend Outdoor Performances with Restrictions - September 18, 2020
- Sections of Sligo Creek Parkway to be Closed Friday for Repairs - September 17, 2020
- Artists Call Issued for Let’s Promote The Vote Project - September 17, 2020