Despite schools operating on a virtual basis, students are still required to meet the state’s immunization requirements, according to the county’s Department of Health and Human Services.
“If students are not in compliance with immunization requirements, they can be excluded from school beginning Sept. 20,” the department said in a press release.
Immunizations for students new to Montgomery County Public Schools and children in kindergarten through 12th grade are available locally Monday through Friday, by appointment, at the Dennis Avenue Health Center, 2000 Dennis Ave. in Silver Spring.
Children age 18 or younger can receive free immunizations if they meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Child does not have health insurance
- Child is covered by Medical Assistance
- Child has health insurance that does not cover vaccines, or
- Child is Alaskan native or American Indian.
Otherwise, children should receive their immunizations from their private health provider.
The county also will offer two Saturday clinics at the Dennis location on Sept. 12 and Sept 19.
The phone number of the clinic for appointments is 240.777.1050.
Photo from pxhere.com free of copyrights under Creative Commons CC0.
- County Council Introduces Appropriation for Childcare Assistance - September 23, 2020
- El Sapo Reopens Today for Indoor Dining - September 22, 2020
- Picnickers at Nine County Parks to be Allowed Alcoholic Drinks - September 21, 2020