County police arrested four men in connection with an attempted home invasion in Silver Spring, according to a department press release.
The four who were arrested include:
- Innis Graham Sherper, 18, of Kensington
- Raie Tsehaye Debalkew, 20, of Silver Spring, and
- Frank Nicaise Kimbembe Jr., 19, of Silver Spring.
In addition, seventeen-year-old Kalvin David Gomez of Silver Spring was arrested and charged as an adult, but no photo has been released due to his age.
“On January 23, officers responded to the 400 block of Pershing Drive in Silver Spring for the report of individuals attempting to break into a residence,” the release reported. “The adult male resident stated to 9-1-1 that he was inside of his residence and saw someone trying to break in through a basement window.”
Officers from the 3rd District Central Business District team responded and spotted a car speeding away from the scene, its license plate blacked out.
Upon stopping the car, police found the occupants in possession of a replica B.B.-gun pistol, duct tape, various tools, masks and gloves, and a quantity of marijuana.
“Further investigation found the suspects were at the address on Pershing Drive with the intent to commit a home invasion robbery. All were taken to the Central Processing Unit and charged accordingly,” the release concludes.
Graphic from Wikimedia. Photos from Montgomery County Police.
- County Council Introduces Appropriation for Childcare Assistance - September 23, 2020
- El Sapo Reopens Today for Indoor Dining - September 22, 2020
- Picnickers at Nine County Parks to be Allowed Alcoholic Drinks - September 21, 2020