Local teen empowerment organization MissHeard Media has launched a collection of products from small businesses that will encourage young women to practice self-care.
“I believe that the Self-Care Kit will help young women develop a self-care habit that will have long-lasting benefits,” MissHeard founder Lindsey Turnbull said in an email statement.
Items in the Self-Care Kit include:
- Calm Strips, sensory adhesives crafted to help with sensory needs and fidgeting by giving a soft but textured surface as a stimulus.
- Shai’s World Nail Polish.
- Lemon Tea Tree Zandra Beauty lotion (8 oz), a citrusy blend of lemongrass & tea tree.
- Mexican Drinking Chocolate from Cultura Craft Chocolate, eight servings of traditional Mexican style chocolate, ground up and made for hot cocoa.
- Pack of three Cord Keepers from Stitch & Rivet, made from remnants of handmade leather goods. Each package includes one large keeper (for power source cables) and two small keepers (for headphones and smaller cables). Colors may vary.
- Authentic Girl Foundation Journal, a hardcover wide-ruled notebook in bright pink.
- Every Self-Care Kit box includes a free surprise.
The Self-Care Kit is available through Shopify. Local, contactless delivery is available.
According to its website, MissHeard Media offers teen girls spaces to elevate their voices and create community by empowering them with tools they need to navigate the world through media and in-person experiences: “Founded by a girl-advocate with nearly a decade of experience working with girls on leadership, and backed by a board of teen girls and youth-related professionals, MissHeard aims to break the mold of traditional teen media by focusing on girl-centered and girl-created content to foster empowered, girl-positive communities. MissHeard Media wants to create a world where all teen girls feel understood, prepared, confident, and most of all, heard.”
View this post on Instagram
Graphic courtesy MissHeard Media