Consortium members produce shows in the Silver Spring Black Box Theatre. Photo by Mike Mowery.
The consortium, which was formed in 2014, is made up of a group of theater companies that stage performances in the Silver Spring Black Box Theatre at 8641 Colesville Rd., next to the AFI Silver Theatre.
The space is also available for rent to artists and arts organizations for one-night engagements and limited runs.
In order to be eligible for membership, according to the announcement, an organization must:
- Be incorporated for a minimum of three years and have 501(c)(3) status
- Demonstrate financial stability
- Have a minimum operating annual budget of $50,000
- Demonstrate a record of high-quality productions
- Have professionally compensated artists and staff
- Receive public funding through local, county, state or national sources
- Have a diverse funding base, with no more than 50 percent of contributed income from a single source.
- Demonstrate an intention to produce at the Silver Spring Black Box at least once per season.
While each organization has its own management structure, the theater administrator is Jonathan Ezra Rubin, who has held the position since December 2014.
The deadline for completed applications is 11:59 p.m. July 15, and applications should be sent to [email protected].
Follow Source of the Spring on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up for our free Weekly Newsletter here. Submit events to our Community Events Calendar here. Please send tips and questions through our News Tips form, or email [email protected]
Learn how to support Source of the Spring here.
See something around town? Tag your photos on Twitter & Instagram with #SourceShots.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- Police Investigating Shooting in Takoma Park - July 20, 2018
- Two Red Line Metro Stations to Close for 45 Days - July 20, 2018
- Blair Requests Partial Recount of Democratic Primary Ballots - July 19, 2018