Graphic from A Wider Circle
A Wider Circle, the Silver Spring-based, anti-poverty nonprofit, has added three vice presidents to its executive team, according to a press release.
“The work of A Wider Circle has grown significantly and now focuses on the delivery of comprehensive, long-term programs that can affect individual and community level change. These three strong and accomplished professionals bring a wealth of expertise to our work and significantly raise the bar for our organization,” said Mark Bergel, the organization’s founder and president.
The three new executives are:
- Shalini Madan Benson has been appointed vice president for headquarters and operations to oversee several efforts including the Professional Development Center, Essential Support, and Headquarters Operations. She is a former assistant administrator for fund management at the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Shannon Hawkins has been named vice president for outreach and development and will direct the communications, fundraising, and advocacy efforts for the organization. She is an experienced marketing executive and previously served as A Wider Circle Board member.
- Amy Javaid has been promoted to vice president of programs and will “lead the Neighborhood Partnerships programs in deeply impoverished communities and launch a new flagship initiative, Partnership to Independence, a comprehensive five-year wraparound program to empower families on the path to sustained financial self-sufficiency,” the release said.
Each year, with the help of more than 30,000 volunteers, the organization provides 16,000 individuals with the tools essential for dignified living in stable homes, and 2,500 individuals with the skills and resources they need to be in the workforce, while serving an additional 7,500 children and adults through its programs and services.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- Elrich Announces Appointment of Vision Zero Coordinator - January 28, 2020
- El Sapo Owner Corrects the Record - January 27, 2020
- Guest Post: Timebank Members Hold Skill Share Event Downtown - January 24, 2020