Montgomery Parks announced that some park amenities would reopen beginning today, May 7.
The facilities that will reopen are:
- All outdoor tennis courts
- Campgrounds located at Little Bennett Regional Park and Cabin John Regional Park
- The driving range at South Germantown Recreational Park, and
- Archery ranges located at South Germantown Recreational Park and Rock Creek Regional Park.
In addition, the department has removed restrictions from boating and fishing to allow for all recreational purposes.
While the tennis courts have reopened of today, other amenities will require a few days of preparation before fully reopening.
The Parks announcement follows yesterday’s notice by Gov. Larry Hogan revising the stay-at-home order to permit certain outdoor activities, including golfing, outdoor fitness instruction, recreational fishing and hunting, and horseback riding.
In the county, playgrounds, basketball courts, athletic fields and indoor park facilities remain closed.
Questions about parks and facilities can be sent to the Public Information Customer Service office at [email protected], or call 301.495.2595.
- El Sapo Reopens Today for Indoor Dining - September 22, 2020
- Picnickers at Nine County Parks to be Allowed Alcoholic Drinks - September 21, 2020
- Fans Now Able to Attend Outdoor Performances with Restrictions - September 18, 2020