Memorial Day schedules for the county have been announced.
All county offices, along with Montgomery County schools and administrative offices, and state offices and courts, will be closed in recognition of the May 27 holiday, which honors those who died while serving in the armed forces. In addition, the libraries will be closed on Sunday, May 26.
The Recreation Department’s administrative offices, senior centers and community recreation centers also will be closed, while aquatic program and facilities will be open.
The following park facilities will be closed:
- Montgomery Parks Headquarters and Permit Offices
- Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Area (also closed May 25, 26)
- Pauline Betz Addie and Wheaton Indoor Tennis Centers
- Meadowside Nature Center
- Brookside Nature Center
- Locust Grove Nature Center, and
- Black Hill Visitor Center and Nature Programs
Go to MontgomeryParks.org to find operating hours for all facilities.
The county’s liquor stores will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Ride On will operate on a Sunday schedule, and the TRiPS commuter store in Silver Spring will be open. Parking at public garages, lots and curbside meters will be free on Monday.
In addition, all collections refuse and recycling collections scheduled on or after the holiday will be made one day later in the week. The Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station will be closed for the holiday.
Metro and Metrobus riders can find holiday information at www.wmata.com.
(Editor’s note: The Source of the Spring will not publish on Memorial Day.)
Photo by Ben Franske from Wikimedia Commons published under GNU Free Documentation License
- Fans Now Able to Attend Outdoor Performances with Restrictions - September 18, 2020
- Sections of Sligo Creek Parkway to be Closed Friday for Repairs - September 17, 2020
- Artists Call Issued for Let’s Promote The Vote Project - September 17, 2020