The Silver Spring Civic Building is one of 11 early voting centers in the county. Photo by Mike Diegel.
There are four more days left in the early voting period for the June 2018 primary.
Eleven early voting centers in the county are open from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. from now through Thursday, June 21.
The most convenient center for Silver Spring and Takoma Park residents is at the Silver Spring Civic Building. Other centers include:
- Activity Center, Bohrer Park, 506 S. Frederick Ave., Gaithersburg, Map
- Damascus Recreation Center, 25520 Oak Dr., Damascus, Map
- Executive Office Building, 101 Monroe St., Rockville Map
- Germantown Recreation Center, 18905 Kingsview Rd., Germantown Map
- Jane Lawton Recreation Center, 4301 Willow Lane, Chevy Chase, Map
- Marilyn J. Praisner Recreation Center, 14906 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, Map
- Mid-County Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Rd., Silver Spring, Map
- Potomac Recreation Center, 11315 Falls Rd., Potomac, Map
- Saint Catherine Laboure Church, 11801 Claridge Rd., Wheaton, Map
- Sandy Spring Volunteer Fire Department, 17921 Brooke Rd., Sandy Spring, Map
Eligible residents who are not registered to vote can register and vote on the same day during the early voting period (not on Election Day itself).
Simply bring a valid form of photo identification and proof of residency to an early voting center, register and receive a ballot that day. This is only available to new voters; voters cannot change party affiliation at this time.
According to the county Board of Elections, the total early vote countywide as of closing on Sunday was 13,459. In Silver Spring as of Sunday night, 2,382 early ballots were cast
In the 2014 early-voting period for the primary in Silver Spring, a total of 3,954 votes were cast, and 18,855 countywide.
Election Day is Tuesday, June 26.
- Fans Now Able to Attend Outdoor Performances with Restrictions - September 18, 2020
- Sections of Sligo Creek Parkway to be Closed Friday for Repairs - September 17, 2020
- Artists Call Issued for Let’s Promote The Vote Project - September 17, 2020