National Night Out, an annual community-building campaign designed to promote partnerships between police departments and local neighborhoods, will be held tomorrow, Aug. 6, around the country.
The Montgomery County Police Department will be participating in events around the county as well, according to a department press release.
“These events help neighbors and officers get to know one another better, build community spirit, and demonstrate a community’s commitment to keep their neighborhood free from crime,” the release said.
Locally, the following events are among those planned (unless otherwise noted, check with the community for times):
- Lyttonsville/Rosemary Hills/Rock Creek communities, held at Gwendolyn E. Coffield Community Center at 2450 Lyttonsville Rd., 6-8 p.m.
- Summit Hills Apartments, 8484 16th St., 6-8 p.m.
- Forest Estates at General Getty Park, 10000 Woodland Dr.
- South Four Corners at South Four Corners Park (near the playground), 900 Forest Glen Rd.
- McKenney Hills/Carroll Knolls communities at Flora M. Singer Elementary School, 2600 Hayden Dr.
- Hillandale community 1 at West Hillandale Swim Club at 915 Schindler Dr.
- Timberwood community, 9048 Saffron Lane
- Oakview community at Roscoe Nix Elementary School, 1100 Corliss St.
- Forest Glen Apartments/Hillbrooke Towers, 515 Thayer Ave.
- Tanglewood Apartments community, 9002 Manchester Rd., and
- Northwood/Four Corners neighborhood, Forest Knolls Pool,11105 Foxglove Lane, 7-9 p.m.
Readers who know of other events are welcome to add them in the comments section.
Screenshot from Montgomery County Police Department website.
- Fans Now Able to Attend Outdoor Performances with Restrictions - September 18, 2020
- Sections of Sligo Creek Parkway to be Closed Friday for Repairs - September 17, 2020
- Artists Call Issued for Let’s Promote The Vote Project - September 17, 2020