The county’s Commission on Veterans Affairs is looking for tributes to veterans to add to its virtual “Tribute to Montgomery County Veterans,” officials announced.
The program is open to any county residents who have served in the military, whether in wartime or peacetime.
The information for a tribute can be supplied by the veteran themselves, family or friends. According to the announcement, the organizers need the following information:
- The service member or veteran’s name
- Name of person submitting information and relationship to the individual
- Branch of service and rank
- Years of service
- Era served (WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Global War on Terror or peacetime/other).
- Brief narrative of their service
- Connection to Montgomery County (where the individual currently lives, grew up, attended high school or college/university, etc.), and
- Photos (preferably one during their service and one current).
The information should be sent via email to Carly.Clem@montgomerycountymd.gov. By submitting the information, the sender agrees to have it shared on the county’s website and the commission’s social media.
Photo from needpix.com.
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.