Graphic courtesy Arts & Humanities Council of Montgomery County.
County Executive Isaiah Leggett has issued his call for nominations for 2017 County Executive’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts and Humanities.
The is the 16th year for the awards, considered to be the most prestigious honors the county confers on “individual artists, scholars, organizations and cultural patrons.”
The awards will be presented during ceremonies to be held Monday, Nov. 6 at Round House Theatre in Bethesda.
The award categories are as follows:
- An individual educator, team, or educational organization that has made a major contribution to the education of youth or adult populations through the arts and/or humanities.
- An arts or humanities organization, team, or an individual in a leadership position with an arts or humanities organization, that has made a major contribution to building a stronger community and improving the quality of life in Montgomery County through the organization’s arts and/or humanities programs and services.
- An individual or team who has made a major contribution to the arts or humanities in Montgomery County as a volunteer.
Outstanding Artist or Scholar Award
- An individual working in an arts or humanities discipline as a practicing artist or scholar, either paid or unpaid, whose work has made a major contribution to the cultural life of Montgomery County. Examples include a visual artist, performer, musician, historian, playwright or poet.
Business or Individual Patron Award
- A business, company, corporation, company foundation, team, or an individual that has set an exemplary standard of support for the arts and humanities in Montgomery County. Nominees may be long-time supporters or a new supporter that has made a significant contribution. Support may include cash or in-kind donations.
Emerging Leader Award
- A young leader in an arts or humanities organization who has demonstrated exceptional leadership, innovative thinking and a commitment to advancing our county’s arts and humanities.
The deadline for nominations is July 16 and nominations should be submitted here.
We are expanding our coverage, and we need your help. Click here for more information.