Montgomery Parks will completely close down portions of Sligo Creek Parkway this week to remove hazardous trees in Sligo Stream Valley Park, according to a department announcement.
The scheduled daytime closures will take place from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. as follows:
- Aug. 20 from Piney Branch Road to Kennebec Avenue
- Aug. 21 from Maple Avenue to Carroll Avenue, and
- Aug. 26 from East Wayne Avenue to Piney Branch Road.
Drivers on the parkway can expect heavy delays and should look for alternate routes.
Trail users will need to be on the lookout for flaggers along the route.
Photo by Mike Diegel
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- Installation of New Public Art Completed - September 18, 2019
- Ellsworth Drive to Close, Become a Linear Urban Park - September 17, 2019
- Koiner Farm Granted Conservation Easement for Agriculture - September 16, 2019