Source of the Spring: The Source for Silver Spring News Forums Restaurants Developments about Adega Wine Cellars and Cafe

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Lay 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Glandical
    Participant

We last heard that an Adega manager was trying to line up financing to reopen.  Perhaps we can use this forum entry to collect updates and suggestions.

David Lay
    Keymaster

I’d love to see them reopen! It was nice to have a wine bar within walking distance.

Glandical
    Participant

Back in April, this was on a local listserve: ” I am happy to report that there is a good chance Adega may re-open at the same location. That is great news!”

Nothing since then.  BTW, I’d been trying unsuccessfully to see if we could use one of the new equity/crowdfunding to help. E.g. https://www.equityeats.com/ is one I’ve come across. This is all apart from groups like IndieGogo or KickStarter or even GoFundMe, because SEC has loosened the requirements to allow smaller investors to back local businesses like restaurants. Adega is such a local favorite that this might help, not alone, but as one piece of the financing puzzle.

David Lay
    Keymaster

EquityEats rings a bell – Prequel was involved with them. They have since closed – their website says they’re moving to a new location.

David Lay
    Keymaster

Updates on Adega & Quarry House Tavern:

Quarry House Tavern & Adega Wine Cellars Update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.