Fire department response to Parkside Terrace Apartments. All photos courtesy David Asche Photography, LLC.
A two-alarm fire at the Parkside Terrace Apartments last night displaced about two dozen people and damaged 12 units, according to fire department officials.
Several people were rescued from the complex at 537 Thayer Ave., and one person was transported for treatment of smoke inhalation.
The fire started in a second floor bedroom when a laptop overheated and caught a bed on fire. Damage is estimated to be more than $550,000.
Follow Source of the Spring on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up for our free Weekly Newsletter here. Submit events to our Community Events Calendar here. Please send tips and questions through our News Tips form, or email [email protected]
Learn how to support Source of the Spring here.
See something around town? Tag your photos on Twitter & Instagram with #SourceShots.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- All Set Restaurant to offer pop-up dinner series benefit next week - February 23, 2018
- Gas station closes to prepare for hotel construction - February 23, 2018
- CREATE Arts moving to Silver Spring Avenue - February 22, 2018