Ride On bus photo from Wikimedia Commons
Ride On will begin a new limited-stop, rush-hour bus service on U.S. 29 on Sunday, May 13, according to a press release.
The service, referred to as Route 129, will be available weekdays from 5:30-9 a.m. and 3-7 p.m. with busses running from Burtonsville to the Silver Spring Transit Center. Route 129 busses will use Bay 229 at the transit center to drop off and pick up passengers.
The stops along with route will be:
- Burtonsville Park and Ride Lot
- Briggs Chaney Park and Ride Lot
- Castle Boulevard and Castle Boulevard Circle
- Tech Road Park and Ride Lot
- Stewart Lane and Old Columbia Pike
- Stewart Lane and April Lane
- Lockwood Drive and July Drive
- Lockwood Drive and the White Oak Transit Center
- Lockwood Drive and New Hampshire Avenue
- Lockwood Drive and Northwest Drive
- Lockwood Drive and Meadowhill Road
- Burnt Mills Shopping Center on U.S. 29
- University Boulevard and U.S. 29
- Temporarily at Noyes Street and U.S. 29 (southbound only)
- Fenton Street and U.S. 29 (northbound only) and,
- Silver Spring Transit Center.
The stop at Noyes will be relocated to Spring Street and U.S. 29 after the current construction at Spring Street is completed.
In addition, the Department of Transportation announced that Route 2 Ride On service will be split into a daily Route 2A and a weekday rush-hour-only Route 2B due reconstruction of the Lyttonsville Place bridge for the Purple Line.
From the Silver Spring Transit Center, Route 2A daily service will run along East-West Highway, loop around Lyttonsville, and return to East-West Highway back towards the Silver Spring Transit Center.
Route 2B rush hour service will serve the Forest Glen Annex–Fort Detrick commuters to and from the Silver Spring Transit Center along Colesville Road, 16th Street, 2nd Avenue, Linden Lane and Brookville Road, toward the Ride On Operations Center.
These changes are expected to continue through the end of 2018, the release said.
There are also changes to the bays used by some Ride On busses at the transit center:
- Routes 4 and 5 will use Bay 232
- Routes 12 and 13 will use Bay 112
- Route 16 will use Bay 108
- Route 18 will use Bay 225, and
- Route 20 will use Bay 226.
Finally, the DOT announced the following route schedule changes:
Follow Source of the Spring on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up for our free Weekly Newsletter here. Submit events to our Community Events Calendar here. Please send tips and questions through our News Tips form, or email [email protected]
Learn how to support Source of the Spring here.
See something around town? Tag your photos on Twitter & Instagram with #SourceShots.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- Photo of Silver Spring Landmark Chosen in International Competition - August 17, 2018
- Astrolab Brewing Weeks Away From Opening - August 17, 2018
- With Public’s Help, Police Identify, Arrest Two Robbery Suspects - August 17, 2018