Graphic from Montgomery HealthConnection
Residents can get help enrolling in health care coverage plans under the Affordable Care Act at a Beat the Rush enrollment event Saturday, Nov. 4.
Open enrollment for 2018 coverage began Nov. 1. This year’s enrollment period has been shortened from previous years and will end Dec. 15.
Locally, enrollment assistance from trained health navigators will be available from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Department of Health and Human Services Silver Spring Center at 8818 Georgia Ave., 2nd Floor.
Attendees can also learn if they qualify for financial assistance under the act, colloquially known as Obamacare.
According to county information, potential enrollees will need to provide the following for each person listed on their tax return, even if those individuals are not applying for coverage:
- Home and/or mailing addresses for everyone applying for coverage
- Birth dates and general information about family
- Government-issued photo identification for everyone in the family, (driver’s license, valid U.S. passport, I\Identification cards)
- Social security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants applying for coverage)
- Document information about immigration status (employment authorization, naturalization certificate, green card, I-94, etc.) Individuals who are not applying for coverage will not be asked about immigration status.
- Employer and income information for everyone in the family (for example, paystubs or W-2 wage & tax statements).
More information about what documents to bring is available here.
Individuals can also apply can also apply by phone at Maryland Health Connection’s consumer support center. The toll-free number is 1-855-642-8572 or TTY 1-855-642-8573.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- Guest Post: Timebank Members Hold Skill Share Event Downtown - January 24, 2020
- Upcoming Events, Jan. 24–31 - January 23, 2020
- Council Introduces Bill to Make Bicycle Registration Voluntary - January 22, 2020