The construction site of United Therapeutics’ Unisphere, bringing over 120,000 square feet of office space and 10,000 square feet of retail space to Downtown Silver Spring. (David Lay/Source of the Spring)
Construction is in full swing at the site of United Therapeutics’ Unisphere, a massive project bringing over 120,000 square feet of new office space and 10,000 square feet of retail space to Colesville Road at Spring Street in Downtown Silver Spring. The project will also add around 100 more workers, helping the company retain its spot as one of the area’s top employers.
According to the project website, the following activities are being performed during May:
- Backfilling and compaction
- Pouring concrete slabs, columns, and walls
- Drilling of geothermal wells
- Underground plumbing and electrical
Also under construction is the UT DDomal Project, one block away from the Unisphere at Spring and Cameron Streets, on the former site of UT’s Global Information Technology Center. Little is known about the construction – permits on display at the site indicate the construction purpose as Hospital, and Unither Telmed, Ltd. is the company listed on the permits filed with Montgomery County. According to Bloomberg, UTL was formerly known as Unither Telemedicine Services Corporation. It could be related to the telemedicine service offerings that UT has stated in SEC filings it intends to offer.
- CONTEST: Denizens to Host Winter Cask Classic; Win a Private Tasting for 4 - February 26, 2020
- CONTEST: Locavino Brings Back Adega Favorite; Enter to Win a $50 Gift Card - January 21, 2020
- Regal Cinemas Launches Regal Unlimited Subscription Pass - July 29, 2019