Rendering of a small-format store courtesy Target
Target has announced plans to build a small-format store at the corner of Georgia and Eastern avenues in Shepherd Park, on the border with Silver Spring.
Target currently operates four small-format stores in College Park, Rosslyn, Bethesda and Falls Church, and also plans to open stores in Cleveland Park, on New York Avenue in Northeast D.C., and in Ballston, according to a press release.
“Target is excited to expand our footprint in D.C. with the Georgia and Eastern store, which will serve new guests throughout the District, Silver Spring, and surrounding neighborhoods. Located in a popular commuting corridor, the store will offer local families and on-the-go professionals a convenient and quick-trip shopping option that’s both easy and inspiring,” said Mark Schindele, senior vice president, properties, for the company.
The product assortment will be “curated to match the needs and preferences of those guests,” according to the release, and will include:
- Baby and kids items, including basics, apparel and toys
- Essentials and beauty products
- A grocery selection for the fill-in or weekly stock-up trip, including fresh produce, grab-and-go items, snacks and meal solutions
- Apparel and accessories for men, women and kids
- An assortment of home décor, seasonal items and accessories.
The new store will employ approximately 55 workers, the company said, and will offer customers the option to order online and pick up at the store, or get same-day delivery in the D.C. area through Shipt, starting this spring.
Target has signed a lease with Douglas Development Corporation, and plans to open the D.C. store in 2019.
Follow Source of the Spring on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up for our free Weekly Newsletter here. Submit events to our Community Events Calendar here. Please send tips and questions through our News Tips form, or email [email protected]
Learn how to support Source of the Spring here.
See something around town? Tag your photos on Twitter & Instagram with #SourceShots.
Latest posts by Mike Diegel (see all)
- CuriosityStream Lands Funding to Finance Additional Growth - February 15, 2019
- County Releases Schedule of Presidents Day Closings, Changes - February 14, 2019
- Upcoming Events, Feb. 15-22 - February 14, 2019